This medicine contains two active ingredients, betamethasone and salicylic acid. Betamethasone is a glucocorticoid steroid from the group of strong corticosteroids. Salicylic acid, the other active ingredient of this medicine helps in the treatment of dry and scaly skin. This medicine is used to relieve the symptoms of inflammation, dryness, itching and discomfort that can occur in psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, seborrhea, and other changes on the skin that respond to glucocorticoid steroids.
Is Belosalic suitable for me?
Belosalic is not suitable for everyone. Do not use it
- if you are allergic to betamethasone, salicylic acid, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- if you have skin tuberculosis, viral infections of the skin (especially in herpes), cowpox, chicken pox, chronic inflammation of the skin around the mouth and redness of the central parts of the face
In particular, you must tell the doctor if you:
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
- have liver problems
- it is meant for the treatment of a child
- have problems with immune system
Belosalic interacts with other medicines. It is most important that you tell the doctor all the medications and herbal supplements that you are currently taking.
See the package leaflet for a complete list of possible contraindications and warnings.
How should I take Belosalic?
This medicine is available in form of ointment and cutaneous solution.
You should take Belosalic exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- The ointment is intended for external use on the skin. You should apply the ointment to the affected area 2 times a day.
- Solution is intended for external use on the skin. You should apply few drops of the solution to the affected area 2 times a day.
Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, or do not use it for a longer time than your doctor instructed. Do not miss any doses and apply the medicine at the same time each day.
Read the information leaflet provided with your medication for additional information. Talk to your doctor if you have any additional questions.
What are Belosalic side effects?
Like all medicines Belosalic can cause side effects, including:
- thinning of the skin
- stretch marks
- visible enlargement of the capillaries in the skin
- skin irritation
- dry or cracked skin
- inflammation of the hair follicles
- increased hairiness of the skin
- skin inflammation around the mouth
- swelling and inflammation of the blisters
- burning, itching
- discoloration of the skin and hair
- clogged sweat gland pores
- skin infections
- allergic reactions
- redness, swelling
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe. See the package leaflet for a complete list of side effects.