This medicine contains two active ingredients 0,02 mg of ethinylestradiol (estrogen) and 0,075 mg of gestodene (progestogen). The combination of these ingredients is known as birth control pill, and it is used for the prevention of pregnancy and for the treatment of painful and prolonged menstrual bleedings. This medicine can also contribute to the regularity of your periods, and it can reduce pre-menstrual symptoms.
Is Logest suitable for me?
Logest is not suitable for everyone. Do not use it
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to gestodene, ethinylestradiol or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- if you have or have ever had thrombosis, deep venous thrombosis or pulmonary embolism
- if you have a blood clotting disorder
- if you are planning operation or if you are off your feet for a long time
- if you have or recently have had a heart attack, stroke or angina
- if you have severe diabetes with blood vessel damage
- if you have high blood pressure
- if you have high level of fat in the blood (cholesterol or triglycerides)
- if you have hyperhomocysteinaemia
- if you have (or have ever had) liver disease or a tumor of the liver
- if you have (or have ever had) cancer or suspected cancer of the breast or genital organs
- if you have any unexplained bleeding from the vagina
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
In particular, you must tell the doctor if you:
- have risk of getting an estrogen-sensitive cancer
- have high blood pressure
- have a liver disorder
- have diabetes
- have gallstones
- have anemia
- suffer from migraine or severe headaches
- have inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis)
- have hemolytic uremic syndrome (hus)
- have systemic lupus erythematosus, sle, an autoimmune disorder
- have epilepsy
- have an inflammation in the veins under the skin
- have varicose veins
- have asthma
- have crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- have cardiac or kidney problems
- have porphyria (blood disorder)
Logest interacts with other medicines. It is most important that you tell the doctor all the medications and herbal supplements that you are currently taking.
See the package leaflet for a complete list of possible contraindications and warnings.
How should I take Logest?
This medicine is available in form of a film-coated tablet.
You should take Logest exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- The usual dose prescribed is one tablet a day for 21 days. The following 7 days you will not take the tablet.
- Start the next strip of pills on time.
Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, or do not use it for a longer time than your doctor instructed. Also, this medicine works best if there is a constant amount in the blood. To help keep this amount constant, do not miss any doses and take the medicine at the same time each day. Do not take two doses together if you miss a dose.
Read the information leaflet provided with your medication for additional information. Talk to your doctor if you have any additional questions.
What are Logest side effects?
Like all medicines Logest can cause side effects, including:
- stomach ache
- depression, mood swings
- sore or painful breasts
- weight gain
- vomiting and stomach upsets
- fluid retention
- loss of interest in sex
- breast enlargement
- skin rash
- poor tolerance of contact lenses
- weight loss
- increase of interest in sex
- vaginal or breast discharge
- harmful blood clots in a vein or artery
- heart attack
- mini-stroke or temporary stroke-like symptoms
- blood clots in the liver, stomach/intestine, kidneys or eye
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe. See the package leaflet for a complete list of side effects.