This medicine contains two active ingredients, salmeterol and fluticasone. Salmeterol belongs to a group of medicines called bronchodilators. These medicines make the breathing easier by widening the airways in the lungs. Fluticasone belongs to a group of medicines called corticosteroids. Its anti-inflammatory action reduces swelling and irritation in the lungs. Airflusal Forspiro is used for the treatment of asthma by reducing the symptoms (tight chest, wheezing and coughing) and preventing the attack, as well as for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) (disease that causes breathing difficulties). You should take this medicine regularly to ensure complete effect.
Is Airflusal Forspiro suitable for me?
Airflusal Forspiro is not suitable for everyone. Do not use it
- if you are allergic to salmeterol, fluticasone or to other ingredients of this medicine
In particular, you must tell the doctor if you:
- have an overactive thyroid gland
- have heart problems, irregular heart rhythm
- have high blood pressure or angina
- have diabetes
- have low potassium in your blood
- have or have ever had Tuberculosis (TB), or other lung infections
- are pregnant, trying to get pregnant or breastfeeding
Airflusal Forspiro interacts with other medicines. It is most important that you tell the doctor all the medications and herbal supplements that you are currently taking.
See the package leaflet for a complete list of possible contraindications and warnings.
How should I take Airflusal Forspiro?
This medicine is available in form of pressurized inhalation, suspension and inhalation powder, pre-dispensed.
You should take Airflusal Forspiro exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist. The dose will be prescribed according to your condition, age and needs.
- The usual dose for inhalation powder is one inhalation twice a day, before meal. The dose may be reduced to one time per day (in the morning or at night).
- The usual dose for pressurized inhalation is 2 puffs twice a day.
Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, or do not use it for a longer time than your doctor instructed. Do not take two doses together if you miss a dose.
Read the information leaflet provided with your medication for additional information. Talk to your doctor if you have any additional questions.
What are Airflusal Forspiro side effects?
Like all medicines Airflusal Forspiro can cause side effects, including:
- thrush in the mouth and throat
- sore tongue and hoarse voice
- throat irritation
- swollen joints and muscle pain
- muscle cramps
- bruising and fractures
- inflammation of sinuses
- pneumonia and bronchitis
- increases in the amount of sugar in your blood
- cataract (cloudy lens in the eye)
- very fast heart beat (tachycardia)
- feeling shaky (tremor)
- fast or uneven heart beat (palpitations)
- chest pain
- feeling worried
- disturbed sleep
- allergic skin rash
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe. See the package leaflet for a complete list of side effects.