This medicine contains the active ingredient Standardized thyme liquid extract, which is a medicine derived from herb. Thyme is used in diseases of the respiratory tract caused by colds. This medicine is used to mitigate the symptoms of respiratory diseases caused by cold, with phlegm, and to relieve symptoms of acute bronchitis.
Is Hustagil suitable for me?
Hustagil is not suitable for everyone. Do not use it
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to thyme or other labiate (sage, lavender, peppermint, rosemary, lemon balm) or any of the other components of the medicine
- if you are alcoholic
In particular, you must tell the doctor if you:
- are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast feeding
- experience heavy breathing, fever or purulent or bloody sputum
Hustagil interacts with other medicines. It is most important that you tell the doctor all the medications and herbal supplements that you are currently taking.
See the package leaflet for a complete list of possible contraindications and warnings.
How should I take Hustagil?
This medicine is available in form of syrup.
You should take exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist. The usual starting dose is
- Children from 1-5 years: 3-4 times a day 7.5 ml (corresponding to about 0.75 g of liquid extract of thyme)
- Children from 6-12 years: 3-4 times a day 15 ml (corresponding to about 1.5 g of liquid extract of thyme)
- Adults and adolescents older than 12 years: 3-4 times a day 25 ml (corresponding to about 2.5 g of liquid extract of thyme)
Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, or do not use it for a longer time than your doctor instructed. Also, this medicine works best if there is a constant amount in the blood. To help keep this amount constant, do not miss any doses and take the medicine at the same time each day. Do not take two doses together if you miss a dose.
Read the information leaflet provided with your medication for additional information. Talk to your doctor if you have any additional questions.
What are Hustagil side effects?
Like all medicines Hustagil can cause side effects, including:
- hypersensitivity reactions
- suffocation (air loss)
- skin rashes
- hives and swelling of the face, mouth and / or throat
- nausea, vomiting
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe. See the package leaflet for a complete list of side effects.